1. Amiri Dehahmadi, S.R., Parsa, M., and Gangeali, A. 2010a. The effects of drought stress at different phenological stages on morphological traits and yield component of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) in greenhouse conditions. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 8(1):157-166. (In Persian with English Summary).
2. Amiri Dehahmadi, S.R., Parsa, M., Nezami, A., and Gangeali, A. 2010b. The effects of drought stress at different phenological stages on growth indices of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) in greenhouse conditions. Iranian Journal of Pulses Research 2(1): 69-84. (In Persian with English Summary).
3. Bahr, A.A. 2007. Effect of plant density and urea foliar application on yield and yield components of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Res. J. Agri. and Biological Sci. 3: 220-223.
4. Bilsborrow, P.E., Evans, E.J., and Zhao, F.J. 1993. The influence of spring nitrogen on yield components. J Agric Sci. 120: 219-224.
5. Boote, K.J., Schubert, A.A., Stansell, J.R., and Stone, J.F. 1995. Irrigation, water use and water relation. In: H.E. Patte and Young C.T. (Ed.). Peanut Science and Technology. Am. Peanut. Res. Inc: Yoakum, Texas. PP: 164-205.
6. Fallah, S., Ehsanzadeh, P., and Daneshvar, M. 2005. Study of the effects of planting density and supplementary irrigation on yield and it’s components using three chickpea cultivars in KhoramAbad, Loretan. Iranian J Agric Sci. 36: 719-731. (In Persian with English Summary).
7. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). 2006. The FAOSTAT Database. Available at Web site http://faostat.fao.org/default.aspx (verified 12 June 2012).
8. Gangeali, A., and Nezami, A., 2008. Ecophysiology and determinatives yield of pulses. In: M. Parsa and A.R. Bagheri (Eds.). Pulses. JDM Press. Iran. pp. 500. (In Persian).
9. Gangeali, A., Parsa, M., and Sabaghpour, S. 2008. Farming and agrosystems of pulses. In: M. Parsa and A.R. Bagheri (Eds.). Pulses. JDM Press. Iran. pp. 500. (In Persian).
10. Ganjeali, A., Joveynipour, S., Porsa, H., and Bagheri, A., 2011. Selection for drought tolerance in Kabuli chickpea genotypes in Nishabur region. Iranian. J. Pulses Res. 2: 27-38. (In Persian with English Summary).
11. Ghalambaran, M.R., Hashemi-Dezfuli, S.A., Siadat, S.A., and Fathi, G. 1996. Study the yield variation and morphological traits of soybean under the effects of starter nitrogen at different planting densities and patterns. In: Proc. of the 4th Iranian Crop Production and Breeding Congress, Aug. 26-29, 1996. Technical University of Isfahan, Isfahan-Iran. p. 157. (In Persian).
12. Goldani, M., and Rezvani Moghaddam, P. 2007. The effects of different irrigation regims and planting dates on phenology and growth indices of tree chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) cultivars in mashhad.J. Agric. Sci. Natur. Resour. 14: 229-242. (In Persian with English Summary).
13. Jalota, S.K., Sood, A., and Harman, W.L. 2006. Assessing the response of chickpea (Cicer aeritinum L.) yield to irrigation water on two soils in Punjab (India): A simulation analysis using the CROPMAN model. Agricultural Water Management 79: 312-320.
14. Karimi, B., and Farneya, A., 2009. Evaluation of cultural traits, yield and yield components of rainfed chickpea cultivars with supplemental irrigation. Modern Agric. J. 17: 83-90. (In Persian with English Summary).
15. Kashiwagi. J., Krishnamurthy LCrouch, J.H., and Serraj, R. 2006. Variability of root length density and its contributions to seed yield in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under terminal drought stress. Field Crops Res. 95:171-181.
16. Leport, L., Turner, N.C., French, R.J., Barr, M.D., Duda, R., Davies, S.L., Tennant, D., and Siddique, K.H.M. 1999. Physiological responses of chickpea genotypes to terminal drought in a Mediterranean-type environment. European Journal of Agronomy 11:279-291.
17. Liu, F., Jensen, C.R. and Andersen, M.N. 2004. Drought stress effect on carbohydrate concentration in soybean leaves and pods during early reproductive development: its implication in altering pod set. Field Crops Research 86: 1-13.
18. Malhotra, R.S., and Sexana, M.C. 2002. Strategies for overcoming drought stress in chickpea. Icarda 17: 20- 23.
19. Malhotra, R.S., Singh, K.B. and Saxena, M.C. 1997. Effect of irrigation on winter-sown chickpea in a Mediterranean environment. J Agron Crop Sci. 178: 237-243.
20. Nezami, A., Sedaghat Khahi, H., Porsa, H., Parsa, M., and Bagheri, A. 2009. Evaluation of fall sowing of cold tolerant chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) genotypes to cold under supplemental irrigation in Mashhad. Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 8: 415-423. (In Persian with English Summary).
21. Oweis, T., Hachum, A., and Pala, M. 2005. Lentil production under supplemental irrigation in a Mediterranean environment. Agricultural Water Management 68: 251-265.
22. Parsa, M., Ganjeali, A., Rezaeyanzadeh, E., and Nezami, A. 2012. Effects of supplemental irrigation on yield and growth indices of three chickpea cultivars (Cicer arietinum L.). Iranian Journal Crop Sci. 9: 1-14. (In Persian with English Summary).
23. Rezvani Moghaddam, P., and Sadeghi Samarjan, R. 2008. Effect of sowing dates and different irrigation regimes on morphological characteristics and grain yield of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) (cultivar 3279 ILC). Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research 6: 315-325. (In Persian with English Summary).
24. Saxina, M.C., and Singh, K.B. 1997. The chickpea. C.A.B. International. 409 pp.
25. Siddique, K.H.M., Sedegly, R.H., and Marshal, C. 2000. Effects of plant density on growth and harvest index of branches in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Field Crops Res. 31: 193-203.
26. Silim, S.N., Saxana, M.C., and Singh, K.B. 1993. Adaptation of spring-sown chickpea to the Mediterranean basin.II.Factors influencing yield under drought. Field Crops Res. 34:137-141.
27. Soltani, A., Khooie, F.R., Khassemi_Golozani, K., and Moghaddam, M. 2001. A stimulation study of chickpea crop response to limited irrigation in a semiarid environment. Agric. Water Manage. 49: 225 - 237.
28. Tuba Bicer, B., Kalender, A.N., and Akar, D.A. 2004. The effect of irrigation on spring-sown chickpea. J. Agron. Asian Network for Scientific Infor. 2: 154-158.
29. Ullah, A., Bakht, J., Shafi, M., and Islam, W.A. 2002. Effect of various irrigations levels on different chickpea varieties. Asian J Plant Sci. 53: 355-357.